Sunday, August 25, 2019

The process of adding a boat to the Storybook Land Canal Boat attraction at Disneyland

One of my favorite attractions at Disneyland is the Storybook Land Canal Boats. It is said that this area of the park - the Casey Jr/Storybook Land area - was one of Walt Disney's favorites as well. I have always loved the intricate detail of the attraction.

When my mom would take me to Disneyland as a child, she would show me where the boats were housed. This was before it became King Triton's home and when the cast members used to repeat the joke, "off to the left is a place we call Neverland because we never, never go there." 

I might have seen a boat coming out of there once or twice before, but never with a camera in hand or a phone ready to take a picture or video. At 9:30am on June 21, 2019 I happened to be in the right place at the right time, with my phone in hand when I saw the water turned off that creates the waterfall over King Triton's underwater castle, where the boats are housed.

Here's a short 8 second video of the quick process of adding another boat to the attraction:

No comments:

Post a Comment